Meet Team HAVEN!

Hi all, my name’s Phil Tsao. I’m on the engineering team here at HAVEN. I formally have an Electrical Engineering degree, but I’ve branched out pretty wide and do software, firmware, electrical and mechanical design…the latter of which I taught myself entirely.

I’m a very passionate problem solver which is likely why I’m drawn to engineering. Design, prototyping, manufacturing, design for manufacturing, are all things that I enjoy and am passionate to work on here at HAVEN in order to make the best product possible.

I grew up in Richmond, BC and now live in Vancouver. I play a lot of sports and used to compete provincially and nationally in badminton. Since retiring from badminton, I’ve started playing volleyball in competitive leagues, although I’ve been really missing any type of sport due to COVID. I also love cooking and seriously considered a career change to a chef at one point in my life, working in an Italian restaurant part time to experience the job before jumping ship.

I’m also very passionate about 3D printing and rapid prototyping in general and have my own business Ember Prototypes, where I manufacture parts for startups and local engineers.

Lastly, I’m a proud corgi parent and have a lovely little fur baby named Milou :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes