Meet Team HAVEN!

Hey there folks! My name is Lucy. You can find me online as l4lucy (I don’t do twitter, but I’m on instagram if you want to check out some art and nature!)

Like many of us here at HAVEN, I wear many hats, but I’ve been moving towards a more product-focused role. My work encompasses user interface and experience design, which positions me as an advocate for our users. It’s my job to speak up for the needs of HVAC contractors and end-users that use our product, and ensure they can get meaningful value out of it that leaves them feeling empowered.

I have a pretty varied history, my parents having been in the Canadian Airforce and moving us across different cities in Canada and Germany. I think this has made me a good people watcher, wanting to understand from a young age of how to best adapt to my new surroundings. Now being a product & user experience designer, I get to apply those skills on a daily basis.

A lot of you may have met me over the course of the last several months during the first phase of our beta program, where we engaged with all sorts of professionals in the HVAC field including service techs, business owners, teachers, and sales reps. One of my favourite parts of my job is getting to chat to all these different personalities in order to understand better what makes them tick, what delights them and what definitely does not delight them – aka, steer clear of whatever that is! I’ve also been able to test out different app and web portal designs during these engagement which has been absolutely integral to our upcoming launch.

In my spare time I like to get out into nature, be it on my feet, bike, skis, fins. My latest obsession while being at home more is woodworking… This changes regularly :stuck_out_tongue:

(sorry for the selfies, I’m usually the one taking pictures of everyone else!)

Talk soon,
Lucy

10 Likes