Meet Team HAVEN!

Hello, my name is Vlad. My role as HAVEN is to develop the technologies that make it possible to deliver on our mission. I work on our optical particle detector, our gas phase sensors, IOT stack and so much more. I then work to make those technologies manufacturable, so we can get the products into as many homes as possible. Scaling up production is one of my passions, using sophisticated processes it’s possible to reduce costs while getting higher quality and that always feels like magic.

I started my career in science working in biochemistry labs on genetics, protein folding and synthetic biology. This gave me a grounding in protocols and how exact you have to be to make complex systems work. I once constructed a 3D printer which used two lasers of different wavelengths to induce gene expression in an engineered bacteria to produce an enzyme to create a subtractive manufacturing technique. I later pivoted into embedded system development and worked for an engineering firm supporting technology companies from startups to FAANGs.

At HAVEN I have learned to understand how to find the overlap between what’s possible and what can be used in practice by people and industry. I am passionate about making a product that, years later, everyone wonders how they ever lived without. Even if it’s out of sight and fully automated.

When I am not in the lab or a factory, I am traveling, scuba diving and making LED art. I recently learned how to free dive. I hope to use that skill to swim next to a whale shark someday.

3 Likes