Meet Team HAVEN!

Hello, I’m Alex. I’m a software developer in the team. I tend to work from my home office which has a giant monitor, a coffee machine, a cute girlfriend, and the internet, which is like 99% of the things I need.

My TZOA/HAVEN journey started with a co-op position where I had to gradually learn how all the magic happens behind the screen. As a computer science student, I was very lucky to become a part of the dynamic startup environment which exposed me to various parts of the system. I learned how the mobile app is written, tested and released. I had a chance to implement an internal web app from scratch. I was also exposed to Haven’s cloud infrastructure such as telemetry ingestion, app hosting, CI/CD and DevOps. I am now a full-time member of the team inspired to keep learning and incorporating my knowledge into tangible results that improve IAQ in our homes.

There is a lot of empathy, collaboration, freedom, and diversity in HAVEN, which gives me a sense of belonging and acceptance. I’m grateful for being able to find my place in the team as well as my work-life rhythm which allows me to balance the comfort of the old and uncertainty of the new to strive forward.

Outside of work I like to stay in my room, eat junk food, play stardew valley, and also sleep. It’s great!

9 Likes