Meet Team HAVEN!

Hi there!

I am Lucas. I joined HAVEN in 2021 as a Senior Software Developer on both hardware and software team. On the hardware team I make sure HAVEN’s hardware product is supported by a suite of software that guarantees its quality among other things and minimize errors during the manufacturing process. On the software team I work on new features and maintenance of other HAVEN’s products used by homeowners and HVAC Pros. I work closely with Vlad, Lorne and Alex.

I am passionate about software development, specially when related to automation and controls, due to my professional background in industrial automation where I had the opportunity to work with pre-commissioning and commissioning of control systems for hydroelectric power plants and floating vessels offshore. Here at Haven we have the mission of improving human health through better IAQ using IOT and automation and I am proud of being part of this team.

I grew up in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil where summer is almost the 4 seasons until I had to move to China for about a year and half for work, where I met my wife and then moved to Vancouver, Canada.

Outside of work I enjoy nature, going to the beach, hiking, biking and walking. I also like other activities such as workout, play volleyball, videogame and watch movies (I am a cinephile).
I always try to keep myself busy usually studying a new topic either related to economics, software, technology and/or history. I can say I am pretty much restless (maybe that’s the way I rest :smiley:).

Feel free to connect on: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucassilvasantos/

6 Likes