Meet Team HAVEN!

Hello everyone, my name is Jeel Vakil. I am on the hardware engineering and the operations team at HAVEN. I joined HAVEN in 2021, prior to that I was working as a Production Technician at a Fuel cell company. I moved to Vancouver, Canada in 2018 to acquire academic and professional knowledge.
My role at HAVEN is to keep the production line running. This includes QA/QC checks for the products, calibrating the HAVEN Monitor in the EOL(end of line) system, and aiding the product development team with fabrication for prototypes. I have recently completed my Master’s in Energy Management. My educational background made me interested in working at HAVEN, I was always interested in working at a startup company that had a vision reconceptualizing HVAC products.

During my academic years, I have managed to work at a HVAC company as a production assistant, and that made me interested tin pursuing my career in production. In production line, I have managed to learn numerous things which also helped in shaping me outside of my work life. One of the best examples that I would like to share is that I had a habit of being impatient, but working in the production line taught me that if you don’t follow the process flow and skip the steps, you likely have to pay the price by reworking. Outside of work I like to go on intense hikes in the summer and snowboarding in the winter. I am also passionate about my health; I am more focused on body weights exercise (calisthenics). I am also fascinated towards outdoor sports games (cricket, badminton, running).
Feel free to reach out to me anytime!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeelvakil26

7 Likes